iPhone won't sync, "not enough space" (wrongly)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sijmen, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

My music library is roughly 4 GB.

Earlier this week I clicked the 'download all' button on the TEDTalks and CocoaCast podcasts. This is a whole load of video content, totalling my total podcast content to about 20 GB.

Since, my iPhone won't synchronise. I'm getting an error message indicating that I do not have enough space. The error sais that roughly 24 GB is needed, while only 15 or so is available (16 GB iPhone).

I'm getting this message even though I'm not syncing any videos, pictures, or podcasts, JUST my music library—which should be 4 GB. (So the only 'sync' checkbox checked in the iPhone config is the first one on the music tab.)

Restores didn't help. I've even set up the phone again from scratch, which also didn't help.

Any tips would be appreciated as I'm getting a bit frustrated.

2. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

try first to remove the content from your library temporarily and then readding it after the sync. From my experience, if something doesn't have enough space (ipods etc), then it just won't sync automatically.

3. minicrazy592 macrumors member

4. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Perhaps it is including your podcasts in the sync as though they were music videos. I had this happen to me, actually.