iPhone Won't Sync on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NotSoSuperDave, Apr 18, 2010.

1. NotSoSuperDave macrumors newbie

10.5.8, 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 2 gb, Itunes 9.0.2 (25), iPhone version 3.0 on a 3G virgin (not unlocked/broken)

I can't get my Iphone to sync or charge. I've uninstalled & reinstalled itunes several times, trashing the preferences and killing the itunes helper. I've reset the pram. I've rebooted multiple times with the iphone connected. I downgraded from itunes 9.1 and tried it all again but made no difference. The computer doesn't see it.

The usb ports work with other hardware. The sync cable charges fine with the wall outlet adapter. Can't think of what else to do. Please don't make me go buy a blackberry. It will bring a curse upon my household and my children's children.

2. NotSoSuperDave thread starter macrumors newbie

Umm, thanks for that. Been there & done that plus much more - as stated above. Hoping to get better advice than Apple's "Genius" reference guide.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You didn't say you had reinstalled the USB drivers or the Apple Mobile Device driver.

4. NotSoSuperDave thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I guess I didn't. The usb drivers are native to the Mac OS as I understand it. Having cleaned/reinstalled & updated to the latest - 10.5.8, I have the latest drivers, according to Apple. The link you provided was for PC usb driver problems. And in clearing out Itunes & preferences for a new install, Apple mobile device items were included in the removal process. I didn't make that clear.

Other ideas?