iPhone won't sync to PC

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by triplezero, Dec 18, 2009.

1. triplezero macrumors newbie

Hi. problems with my iPhone syncing. I've pretty much tried everything to fix it.. complete wipes, recovery mode.. backups, restorations etc.. In itunes its saying it's only 4gb when its 8.. and generally when i plug it in it asks to set up as new iphone, if i click done, it locks up.

But when syncing it comes up with "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found.

I've only just managed to get contacts on there and that's all. If i try and manually put music on there, or create a playlist, or sync only checked songs, none of it works.

Is there a way to completely reset and delete all data from the phone and computer so its as if it's new? There must be corrupt files on my computer somewhere (is there a list of all data iphones store on your pc?).. i've tried deleting all backups, temp files from itunes folders.

any ideas? (using windows 7)

EDIT: semi fixed it by changing name to iPhone. There's a profile on there 'Leigh's iphone' which is corrupted i believe.. any ideas on getting rid of it?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You didn't say you tried restoring in DFU mode. Do that and setup as new. I can't imagine that not fixing it.

3. triplezero thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry, yeah i've tried DFU. I have a feeling its something on my pc that's doing the corrupting.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Uninstall iTunes and reinstall then.

5. triplezero thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah done that. I've wiped my iphone clean, wiped itunes and tried to find any files left behind and then reinstalled everything, it still is picking up some old info.. i dunno where its stored.