Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by abooch1, Oct 4, 2008.
everything i restored i updated.. i did previously disable the backup via terminal could that be it?
Kinda confusing thread title; When you restored, did you set up as new phone?
1) Close all programs and restart computer.
2) Open iTunes and plug in powered off iPhone with direct USB connection.
3) If iTunes fails to connect to iPhone...continue to #4, if it does...restore.
4) Shut DOWN iTunes again.
5) Power OFF the iPhone & Disconnect from computer. (Power off two ways-one will work, hold home and sleep button until off or just hold sleep button until off)
6) Hold down Home button & connect to computer using direct connected USB cable (keep holding down the home button until iTunes sees it).
7) It should go into recovery mode and iTunes should recognise it.
8) If you want to recover to previous software version, Hold Alt/Shift and click restore in iTunes. Then select the old update version.
1. Turn the iPhone ON
2. CONNECT it to the computer with a DIRECT USB connection.
3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode.
4. HOLD the Power/Sleep-Wake button AND the Home button for 10 seconds.
5. RELEASE only the Power/Sleep-Wake button and continue to hold the Home button.
6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in DFU Restore mode (in Windows a bubble pops up saying it recognized new hardware "DFU Mode" or something to that effect)
The last step may take SOME TIME, like, say, even 60 seconds or so.
The screen should be OFF (black), if you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo, START OVER.
It may take a few tries to do the steps just right, just reboot
(hold both Power/Sleep-Wake AN