iphone wont sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Simgar988, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

when I try to sync my iphone 4 to itunes 10, it syncs everything, gets to the very last step (finishing sync) and then I get an error message that it wasnt able to sync.

The only thing i did was add a bunch of album art to itunes. any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Disable syncing under each content tab in iTunes and apply changes. Sync contacts, calendars, bookmarks, email accounts first. If it works, move to the next category. When it fails to sync, likely on Music or Movies, sync on half your library, playlists. Keep doing this and you'll figure out which set of data is bad.

3. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Oh. Kinda like huntingvthe genome for miRNA. Thanks!

Could it be because I'm trying to sync a pirated app on a non jailbroken phone? I have so many apps that a few may be illegitimate but I don't remember which one it would be.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

If you try to sync a pirated app to a phone without a modified MobileInstallation file, it will give you an error that the pirated app was unable to sync, but everything else should go just fine.

More likely is that you're trying to sync more data than your phone's capacity can hold.

6. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

everything is syncing fine, except for my music.. Why could this be?

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Does it have trouble with a specific playlist or set of songs? Is it your whole music collection?