iPhone won't sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tchaap, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tchaap macrumors member

Made a new ringtone in garagband and inported into iTunes. The ringtone is right there in iTunes in the ringtone section. I have it checked and I have the ringtones checked.

I click sync and it shows syncing on the phone for like 1 second and then it goes off. No ringtone on my phone.

Any suggestions on what to do?

1.1.4 on the phone. 7.6.1(9) on iTunes. 10.4.11 OS X

Thanks,
    TC

2. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

1. there's a make ringtone in garageband. you should click that. then, it'll tell you it must be under 40s. then click make ringtone again.

see if it works.

2. if you are having problems with it not syncing at all, do a restore.

ps. you must sync the ringtone with the computer you always sync your phone with.

3. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,
    Rebooted both the computer and the phone and it synced.

TC

4. Brady Bonk macrumors newbie

Got it!

If you are using a section of an MP3 to convert to AAC then to a ringtone, it is helpful to first CHANGE THE TITLE TAG in the MP3 you intend to use for your ringtone. Because if the song is already in your music library, it seems that iTunes won't recognize a ringtone with the same name. Once you've changed the title tag with your favorite MP3 tag editor, then call it into your library, make an AAC version, drag it to your desktop, change it to M4R, blah blah blah. Works like a charm.