iPhone won't synch, says it's synch'd with another account???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SurferMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

My iphone has only been synched with my Macbook Pro. Never even hooked up to another computer. I've always had issues and glitches with iTunes. Yesterday went to backup the phone and it synched and backed up... yet when trying to do anything else like manage music it says "this iphone is synched with another itunes account.... blah blah blah" and wants to erase and re-sync. How is that even possible when it's never been used with another iTunes account, and it backed the phone up, doesn't make sense.

I'm jailbroken as well and don't want to screw anything up or lose app's whether from Cydia, or even over $100 worth of free app's thanks to freeappaday.

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Well, you might have to. That's what happens when you jailbreak. Sometimes things go wrong.

But my advice would be to reinstall iTunes.

3. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll try reinstalling iTunes. Just don't understand how it can backup the phone, but when doing anything else it says the phone is associated with another account.

I don't think it has to do with being JB' as searching online you can find endless complaints of people posting this issue that aren't jailbroken.