Iphone won't turn off & battery indicator not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AmandaBeth, Sep 14, 2011.

1. AmandaBeth macrumors newbie

Ok so my Iphone 3g 16gb, running 4.2.1

Won't turn off or do a hard reset & the battery life indicator is always full... However besides those problems it functions perfectly..

I've tried holding the power key down, holding down the power key & home key, restoring from itunes, restoring from settings on the iphone....

I had convinced myself it was the power button until I realized the problem with the battery indicator please help it's my lifeline!!

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Put it in DFU-Mode, restore and set it up as new. Do not use backup.

3. AmandaBeth thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I get in in DFU-Mode is the button isn't working for anything? I also get error 1602 when I try to restore?

4. Eluded macrumors newbie

Eluded

Error 1600, 1601, 1602: Try the following steps to resolve this error:

Ensure proper USB isolation troubleshooting has been performed, and test with a known-good cable.
    Follow the steps listed for Error 1604.
    This error may be resolved by disabling, deactivating, or uninstalling third-party security, antivirus, and firewall software. See steps in this article for details on troubleshooting security software.

If you cannot hard reset, it is possible the power button is broken on the device.