Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfire111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
i jailbroke 3.1.2 and i was changing the password on my facebook app and then it stopped working so i hard resested (held home button+sleep button). Then, it just kinda stopped so i restarted. ever since then, it doesnt turn on. it shows the apple silver logo and then turns off a lil while l8r. im gonna try to kill the battery and then dfu mode in 2 weeks (my friend is gonna try). any suggestions?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
i jailbroke 3.1.2 and i was changing the password on my facebook app and then it stopped working so i hard resested (held home button+sleep button). Then, it just kinda stopped so i restarted. ever since then, it doesnt turn on. it shows the apple silver logo and then turns off a lil while l8r. im gonna try to kill the battery and then dfu mode in 2 weeks (my friend is gonna try). any suggestions?

Just put it into DFU mode now.

jolyons1

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
iphone crash

I have had a similar problem. mine screen went really hard and froze, and the touchscreen would not work so i could not turn it off. i tried the home key and wke button but as the touch screen was not responding i decided i would let the battery go flat to see if it would reboot....it didnt and not it will not charge or even sync with the computer.

Whats dfu mode?

Thanks

jolyons1

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
hi thANKS I TRIED THE DFU MODE, BUT IT WAS A BLANK SCREEN BEFORE I EVEN STARTED, NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I PRESS ANY BUTTON NOW

wrathofhawk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2009
Creepy... I have the exact same problem and I was on Facebook too when it froze. O.O Anyways, in my situation I haven't backed up since last October or so, and I'm trying to find a way to fix it without DFU restoring/restoring at all. For the OP, people have recommended iRecovery, but thats for when the iPhone gets in a recovery mode boot loop. I haven't tried it yet but people say that should work. I just don't know if it has to put my phone in recovery mode in order to fix it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.