Iphone wont turn on and restore is not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pino.1, Feb 11, 2010.

1. pino.1 macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I have a problem with my iphone 2G and need some help.

2 days ago the home button suddently stopped working and the phone turned on and off. I had that problem before and last time it just disappeared after it ran out of battery, but this time its not turning on anymore and the power and the home button both dont work. so i cant restore it or anything. if connect it to the usb it turns on, the apple sign appears, then the light get darker and line appear and i can still see the apple sign but it's only grey. then the apple sign appears again and the whole thing starts all over again and i cant do anything. itunes also doesnt detect the phone and I really dont know what to do because non of the buttons work.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you very much!

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I hate to say it but the 2Gs are old 3 years unless it was jailbroken its probley hardware failure, Look into a refurb 3g for $50 at bestbuy.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, sounds like a hardware issue. Even if u get it to turn on what good is it without the home and power button working?