iphone won't turn on, and stuck in emergency call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by masarlane, Dec 27, 2010.

1. masarlane macrumors newbie

My iphone will not turn on unless connected to its charger is plugged in to a wall power outlet. I can turn it on only when the charger is in, its battery should be charged and when it powers up i tried unplugging it and it only shuts off instantly. But when it turns on it takes me to a screen telling me to connect to itunes, i slide to unlock and it takes me to the emergency call screen. I've tried several different mac computers to try to restore it to a working phone, I've tried connecting during restart, when comp is shut down, or already on, many various ways and with all my efforts nothing works. any help?

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well you definitely have a bad battery. and it also sounds like you need to activate your phone. sounds like it has been restored. but I would not worry about that until the battery is replaced.

3. Brambo238 macrumors newbie

Try this

I literally just had the same problem bro, i dropped my new iphone 4 and immediately my heart dropped, i then began to read a few forums, can you get the phone to turn on at all ? If so turn it on it took me 40 mins to get mine on and functioning what you do is go into the settings and turn all power savers off as well as locks. I did that plus a restore and new update and its working like a champ now. Why spend 30 dollars and call apple ? Just read a do it yourself forum lol