iPhone won't turn on / restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Antowns, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Antowns macrumors member

Hi there,

I've got a 4S which won't turn on, I've put it into DFU mode and it won't restore either, get a 1600 error. I don't understand what happened, i took it out my pocket and it was off (or seemingly).

Ant

2. bandofbrothers, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Your 4s is not listed in your signature, so i assume you have only just got it.

Where did you get it from as you may need to go back to the shop, or arrange an appointment with your most local apple store outlet.

What state is it in i.e. Stock or jailbroken ? 5.0.1 or 5.1

Error 1600 seems to relate to when someone is trying to update their jailbroken device to a newer firmware. Plenty of utube videos on workarounds on this, however i cannot vouch for any of them as i have used them, so try at your own risk !!

3. Antowns thread starter macrumors member

I've not updated my signature in a long time, Its my own 4S which I got from an iPhone contract with 3. The device is actually a replacement handset from a month ago (or so) for a completely different issue.

The phone won't restore, it simply hangs on "Preparing iPhone for restore" and the phone wasn't hacked.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ok.

If its still under warranty then maybe you should consider visiting your most local Apple Store.

It's really frustrating when your without a phone so I hope you get resolution soon.

5. Antowns thread starter macrumors member

To anyone interested, I took my iPhone to the store and got a replacement, apparently it had a complete logic board failure.