Iphone won't turn on when plugged in and won't restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Comanche15, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Comanche15 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to the mac rumors forum so bear with me. I bought a iPhone 4 online that I new was broken but I thought was just in a recovery loop. I fix iPhone's quite often but have never seen one like this. So I got the phone restored it to iOS 6.0.1 and everything was working fine but then it started randomly rebooting and wouldn't find a network signal or allow me to turn on WIFI. So I tried resetting network settings and that is when it bricked. Now it won't turn on unless plugged in and and whenever I try and restore I get error 21 and when I try and restore from a custom IPSW I get error 3194 so I've put it in recovery mode and DFU mode but neither are working. I'm thinking it is possible that the battery is bad or has a loose connection because of the random reboot when it was working and the the battery percentage went from like being 20% and then restarted and was at 80%. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you bought a faulty iphone with a hardware issue or multiple hardwaure issues.
    It might have been exposed to liquid damage and if you attempt to restore it you might need to change many parts besides the battery.
    What made you buy a broken iphone anyway?

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

3194 means that it cannot contact the ipsw validation server gs.apple.com.

It sounds very much like a hardware failure - probably with the A5 chip on the MLB (the reboots are probably kernel panics)