iphone won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itskerem, Jun 15, 2011.

1. itskerem macrumors newbie

My battery was low last night, but not dead yet, so I started charging my iPhone on my laptop. After a while, my iPhone just turned off -- totally black screen, unrecognized by the laptop & iTunes, doesn't respond to anything.

My top button only works sporadically, so I've tried resetting & whatnot, but I have no way of knowing if it's really working.

I've searched everywhere, but most of the troubleshooting advice I've seen assumes that the phone is visible in iTunes.

Help is much appreciated, thank you.

iphone 3g 8gb
    firmware 3.1.3
    jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.4
    baseband 06.15.00
    bootloader 6.4

2. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

Try hooking up the phone to a computer or ps3 that is on, connect it via usb, then restart the comp or ps3, give it a min or 2, weird method but it works in some situations, ive had this prob before, its worth a try.

3. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

semi common thing with 3g, im pretty sure itll work for you, let me know what happens

4. itskerem thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I tried just that and it did not work. Any other tips?

5. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

Only other thing I can think of is that the battery is done, you can replace it, but get a few more opinions before you try, thats just my guess.