Iphone Wont Turn On

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdss, Jan 28, 2008.

1. sdss macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me what happened to my iphone after i placed it on my ipod dock to play some music and charge, just shortly after starting to play music the iphone turned off and wont turn on again? Is it the battery or did i end up frying the main board too? any help would be great:)

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

What happens when you plug the phone into the computer and hold the home / wake button for a few seconds?

3. sdss thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So you can't get ANY response from it what-so-ever?

If that's the case, if possible you should probably take it in to the Apple store, because their is nothing else you could do if you tried everything already. (Holding down the buttons won't work, Plugging it into the computer won't work, etc)

5. sdss thread starter macrumors newbie

oks thanks now if there was some sort of reponse from the computer ei turning it on then it would most likely need a battery replacement?

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You could of messed up something internally. Hard to tell. Just tell Apple your iPhone won't even turn it. They will replace it with no hassle.

7. sdss thread starter macrumors newbie

lol im in toronto canada so i dont think apple canada will replace it? I bought it off some one on craigslist so i dont have a reciept either

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't know if this is same, but since I updated to 1.1.3 my phone has randomly been shutting off and it doesn't want to turn back on, and pressing the home + on/off switch to restore hasn't helped either. It doesn't turn back on until I plug it into the wall charger, I wait like 2 seconds then it acts like if nothing ever happened.

9. ikare macrumors member

Did you try holding the top button and the screen button down for fifteen seconds? Kind of like a "hard" reset?

10. maceleven macrumors 6502

Water damage

if you take to apple store and they check in side the phone jack it will be pink inside