iPhone wont turn on.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt1523, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Matt1523 macrumors newbie

My iPhone will not turn on. When i press the on button, the screen will turn to the apple for about 10 second then the screen will turn black again and if i keep doing that it will repeat over and over again. I got decided to plug it into my computer to see if it would start to work and it wont even show up as plugged in on my computer or all of the other computers i have tried it on. Has anyone had a similar problem or can try to help me fix it. I really don't want to go all the way to the Apple store unless i have known i tried everything.

Also, this is an unjailbreaked iPhone.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See if you can get it to do a DFU restore. If not try to get it into Recovery mode.

3. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

when this happens to mine, I will plug it in & try it almost always fixes it

4. Matt1523 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you get it in recovery mode? is it the screen with the cord facing the iTunes icon. I got it there once and i sprinted to the closets computer and i was just about to plug it in and it turned off. I was so upset and i've been trying to do it again since it happened at 7:30.

5. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

Have you..tried plugging it in or charging it?

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also see the post #18 here...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=391795

If you're stuck with the problem that the iPhone's battery is dead and you can't get it to stay on long enough to get it into DFU mode.

8. Matt1523 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its been charging for a little while. I'm just going to go to bed with it charging and see if it is better in the morning. Thank for all of your help.