Iphone works when pluged to computer but reboot loop when not

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yourmyboybh1026, Oct 6, 2009.

1. yourmyboybh1026 macrumors newbie

Ok, I have an iphone 3g which now has the stock 3.0 firmware. I was using an unlocked version of 3.0 when randomly it started doing a reboot loop. If I plug it into my computer it will work like its supposed to but the power/sleep button doesn't work right. I can put it into recovery mode and I tried to restore using a custom 3.1 firmware i made with pwnagetool, that didn't work. So I tried it again and made it a new phone, that didn't work. So I tried to just go back and install the normal 3.0 firmware, and it still does it. I use this phone for everything, and I live in Italy so I have to used an unlocked iphone. Any ideas?

EDIT: So I was able to turn it off. When I plugged it into my computer it started working and came up with slide to turn off so I did to see what would happen. When it shut off, it just started the reboot cycle again. How is that even possible?

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It does sound as if you might have a hardware fault of some kind in the power on/off switch. Is it still under warranty? If so I'd take it in for repair/exchange