iPhone World of Warcraft Lite Revisited

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by HiRez, Mar 12, 2008.

1. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

So I had this idea a while ago before the iPhone was released but I'm resurrecting it now in light of the new SDK (and the fact that I actually own an iPhone now). What I would love to see from Blizzard is an iPhone app (which could just be a web app at the expense of some UI effects) that allows you to log onto a character and not actually play the game, but to have access to the following:

1. Chat channels
    2. Various character-related panes such as trade skills, character screen, inventory, guild, talents, rep, etc.
    3. Mail
    4. Bank
    5. Auction House
    6. A generic vendor/repairer
    7. Trainers
    8. Flight masters to move between locations (maybe)

Restricting the app to these things would mean you'd need a limited amount of graphics and graphics processing power (basically item icons and some 2D interface UI). There would be no actual gameplay. I guess you'd have to have your character parked in a town or capital city to access certain things (#2-#8), and maybe this special app would allow you access to Bank, AH, and Mail without having to physically move between them.

I actually spend a lot of time doing these types of things and not really playing/moving around and I think a lot of other people do too. Wouldn't it be great if you could do this stuff poolside, at the airport, waiting in line, on the bus, in your boring class, wherever?

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I find it ironic that someone with your signature would suggest this. :eek:

3. Phutchi macrumors member

Well this could be done outside ;)

4. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

If that is free that would be great.

5. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I can see them doing a chat application but inventory control seems to slippery. As you said you would have to make sure that someone logged out at a bank or auctionhouse. If they didn't there would be mass anger on the forums for giving iPod/phone users a massive unfair advantage. It would be like having access to your bank anywhere you would only have to go to town for skills and repairs.

6. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

I've wanted a "WoW Lite" application since 2004.

I had a bad Auction House addition for a while. :)