Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
I usually find that the people who carry both an iphone and another phone around do it because they have to have the other phone (better deal, or company phone) but then have an iphone because they wanted it but only ended using it as essentialy an ipod touch but with a 3G connection, to which I say why not have just got an ipod touch.

sometimes you need 2 numbers (therefore 2 phones) but I havent come across many that actually needed two

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
What do you guys think? I didnt even think about the possibility of forwarding calls from verizon. Will that forward texts as well?
I forward calls from my work-provided Verizon BlackBerry over to my iPhone. Works well. TXTs do not forward, but I don't get work txts, so that's not a big deal for me.

btcutter

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I carry two phones, but only because I am waiting for my Sprint contract to end. I rarely use it and it usually dead at the bottom of my purse.
My iPhone has definitely made my old cell a thing of the past.

Call forwarding!:D

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I carry a BlackBerry for access to Company emails and internal webapps/intranet. And I carry an iPhone for personal stuff.

This is my situation. I've had a company supplied blackberry for 5+ years to access to email/intranet/conf calls etc. While its generally close by during the week, I don't keep in on my person like I do my iPhone unless I'm traveling for work.

I held out for a long time before getting the iPhone in hopes that Apple would release a 3G enabled Touch. After having the two devices for 6-8mths now, I have no regrets (other than waiting so long to get one)- and actually really like having the fact that the iPhone has no connection to work.

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
The iPhone is something that should reduce your pocket clutter.

I use to carry my phone and iPod touch, but now just my iPhone.

Getting another phone would defeat the purpose of the iPhone's functionality.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
1 iPhone does everything for me. Text and calling, internet and apps. No other phone has those well they might......but the iPhone does them better so I only need to use that. Unless you really need to use that 2 phone thing then go for it but personally I see no reason to use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.