iPhone wouldn't wake up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dalexiou, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dalexiou macrumors newbie

dalexiou

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Yesterday, my iPhone screen was off. When I pushed the center button to wake it up, nothing happened. I tried the top button and still nothing....I even tried holding down the top button to reboot it and nothing happened. When i got home, I plugged into iTunes and then miraculously my phone turned on.....hasn't happened again since but weird none-the-less. Anyone else experience this?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Hasn't happened to me. Was it just out of batteries?

3. dalexiou thread starter macrumors newbie

dalexiou

Not as far as I could tell.....it was just on a minute before and when I tried to turn it out to check my calendar...nothing happened. The battery indicator was still at least at the half way mark before that happened.

4. p3piper macrumors newbie

It's happened to me twice now. Have absolutely no explanation for it... One thing that annoys me though is that when it happens it resets the time and date which is a nuisance to have to go and set again!

5. tsvb macrumors 6502

I've also had this. I hit the home button to close an app and the screen goes black ... then nothing. I hit the lock button and nothing. So far I've had to hard boot it twice because of this.