Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pudcraft

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2013
Houston
Has anyone noticed that they are taking a ton of accidental screenshots with the X? The home button and volume button to screenshot are perfectly aligned - I keep finding myself squeezing the device right at those points and end up with lots of screenshots accidentally being taken.

Anyone else run into this issue too?

MarcMller

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Has anyone noticed that they are taking a ton of accidental screenshots with the X? The home button and volume button to screenshot are perfectly aligned - I keep finding myself squeezing the device right at those points and end up with lots of screenshots accidentally being taken.

i do.. i just quickly delete it as it sits in the bottom right.

DiveKitty

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2017
I have done this a few times, and yes, just deleted it right away by tapping on it in the corner and trashing it. Seemed to happen more in first couple days I had it, now I have sort of naturally learned not to press on the volume side (unless intentional).

MarcMller

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
How can you delete them without going into pictures?
When you screenshot it goes in the bottom left* (sorry i said right in my other post). If you click it it brings it up so you can edit it.. i use this a lot because i tend to screenshot something just to send to a friend..instead of saving it i like to just copy the picture and paste it wherever i'm trying to send it. when you bring it up to edit you can hit done and then a message comes up asking if you wanna delete it or save to photos. i always hit delete... if you tap the icon on the bottom left you can actually hit copy as well. you can do this in any app or even on the lock screen.

Reactions: timh

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I've been using my X pretty heavily since I got it 10 days ago and I haven't had any accidental screenshots at all.

Reactions: bhayes444

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
Sydney, AUS
Have a few times but not anything of note.

I actually had this issue more with my 6 Plus to be honest. My Camera Roll was full of screenshot, that phone had a habit of taking them of the lock screen whenever it felt like it.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Tap on that little box that appears on the bottom left, click done, click delete screenshot
swipe it to the left to throw it out without going into a menu/list

---
fwiw, i guess we hold the phones differently..

upon checking my natural grip on the X, it's index finger on the back then the other three finger starting below the volume buttons..
YMMV
;)

(by 'we', i mean everybody)
[doublepost=1510616281][/doublepost]
That doesn’t delete them doing that
upon further reading of the thread.. i see a few people have mentioned the solution i did :)

but yes, it does actually work.. touch and hold it then slide it off to the left.. you'll figure out the faster timing from there

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
swipe it to the left to throw it out without going into a menu/list

---
fwiw, i guess we hold the phones differently..

upon checking my natural grip on the X, it's index finger on the back then the other three finger starting below the volume buttons..
YMMV
;)

(by 'we', i mean everybody)
[doublepost=1510616281][/doublepost]
upon further reading of the thread.. i see a few people have mentioned the solution i did :)

but yes, it does actually work.. touch and hold it then slide it off to the left.. you'll figure out the faster timing from there

But it still in the camera roll at least it is for me anyway.

Reactions: AppleWes

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
It’s happened to me once or twice, but I still prefer this over the method of taking screenshots in previous iPhones. You were told to press the home and power button simultaneously, but in practice you actually had to press the power button slightly before the Home button, otherwise it would just return to the home screen since there is no delay. I’d rather have accidental screenshots than miss a screenshot at a crucial moment.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008

No, never.

Reactions: hornettsnest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.