iPhone X iPhone X and Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Txguy82, May 20, 2018.

1. Txguy82 macrumors regular

Txguy82

Seriously falling behind Samsung. I can't believe how big of a difference the screens are now. I do like theOled X screen but the phone is looking very outdated as I compared it to the s9 model. I messed with the s9 for 5 days and it was tough to look at my iPhone again.

I'm hating the X screen now lol

Definitely considering leaving iPhones for good. Not just for screen purposes but Apple is definitely falling behind in other categories as well.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

You lose points for not including "Steve would have never let this happen" in your post

3. Shark5150 macrumors 65816

Shark5150

Respectfully disagree. Samsung screen is oversaturated and looks cartoonish to me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though.

4. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

Curved screens may look nice but have a hassle with screen protectors staying on them and sensitivity along the edges, so there are it’s issues even if you do prefer the screen.

I personally feel like the other two previous posters, over saturated colors and blue tint is not my personal preference .

5. aevan macrumors 68030

aevan

Fixed your post. Enjoy Samsung, they make some really nice phones.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you want Samsung, then buy Samsung.

Don’t know why so many people on here feel it so important to make a big deal about possibly switching to product x,y, or z... As if the forum has been waiting with baited breath over what a certain member will do.

7. Txguy82 thread starter macrumors regular

Txguy82

Their themes are cartoonish but I wouldn't be switching over for that customization bs. I guarantee that lol

More so for the deals. Best buy has the free 128gb sd card + Samsung fast wireless charger stand when u up purchase the s9 models right now. I miss the finger print sensor also but I'm not going back to a LCD

8. Txguy82 thread starter macrumors regular

Txguy82

I am not a Apple nutt hugger lol

9. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

There’s a reason why the S9 went on sale just one month after it’s release; buy one get one free, think about it. While the X is still holding its value.

10. Txguy82 thread starter macrumors regular

Txguy82

Don't post in the topic then man! Pretty simple to stay out of those u think

11. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

I'm sure Apple is crying about all of that in their pile of money.

12. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I think the X screen is on par with the galaxy line. The infinity edge display is nice but having never had it as a daily driver it might drive me crazy.

All of the stories about virus’s and hacking keeps me from trying anything android..

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Have a good friend a S9 and we lay them side to side, with my X to look at the screens, and I see little difference except for some differences in color temp. It is a non issue to me as there is no way I am leave iOS. My friend is returning her S9 today and we are going to the Aplle store to buy her an X.

Just can’t see how the S9 is that superior to the X but I am prejudiced.

14. Txguy82 thread starter macrumors regular

Txguy82

They both do the same things. Talk, Text & Web + they both take some amazing photos. Most likely will buy the s9 and keep my X. Gonna give Sammy boy a real shotthis time

15. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

I can’t say the S9 screen isn’t nice because it is. Just not better IMO. Just not enough for those reasons like iOS, no performance slow downs every 3-4months, better privacy, as well as other things considered subjective, I wouldn’t switch just for the screen.

Checks and balance always has me coming back to Apple; and I try to switch every two years but can’t.

16. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Better screen, headphone jack, no notch, bigger screen to body ratio, better battery life, sd card slot, better stereo speakers, fingerprint scanner, better camera with variable aperture, DeX, Android...
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2018 ---
    You can adjust the saturation in the settings in case you didnt know, it will look the same as pale looking iPhone screen.

17. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

And again, X display is superior to the S9 screen. SO, what are you going to do now?
    This is called personal taste, if you didn't know. If you like S9 screen more, it's your choice. Period.
    I disagree, so it's my choice. Get it?
    So, what is the purpose of this thread?

Again....total nonsense.

18. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Your opinion vs mine

Better screen - Highly subjective and I like my screen just fine
    Headphone jack - Highly overrated, I don't ever miss it, use Bluetooth or my lightning earbuds for calls
    No notch - I have never once noticed it
    Bigger screen to body ration - I don't even know what this means LOL, nor do I care
    Better battery life - My battery is at least 85%-90% when I come home every day, I could go 2 days easy on my battery
    SD card slot - Never needed one and have no idea why I would use one, my 256 GB iPhone X has 203 GB available
    Better stereo speakers - I have never once played music through my iPhone speakers
    Fingerprint scanner - Face ID has been exceptional for me
    Better camera - Highly subjective as well, and my pics look great to me
    DeX - Had to look this up and can't imagine why on earth I would want that
    Android - LOL

This was fun, let's do it again sometime :fistbump:

19. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

"And again, X display is superior to the S9 screen"
    https://www.techradar.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s9-has-the-worlds-best-display
    :p
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2018 ---
    It's highly subjective and your opinion shows you barely use your phone at all so I guess you made the right choice to stick with the Apple logo on the back of the phone.

20. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

21. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

No actually I own both and I can tell the S9 screen is superior, so you are wrong by saying "its superior" since thats your opinion and not the reality which the review says. I'm pretty sure you didnt say that the last time the iPhone X was crowned the best screen did you? :p

22. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

Again.... key word is personal taste..is it possible, that you can't understand that?

23. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

The phone is newer than the X, it should have some better things! Screen to body is pretty close though. About 82.9 vs 83.6.. I’ve read both opinions on the speakers. Headphone jack is a plus, if they have the room just add it, cameras are close enough imo, fingerprint scanner is a plus, etc..

How do you get past the vulnerability? Seems as though I always read of some new hack where somebody can get into your entire phone, etc.

24. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like you missed this discussion that already happened at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/when-will-iphone-finally-get-a-screen-as-good-as-the-pixel-2.2119189/

25. Jetcat3, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018

Jetcat3 macrumors 6502

If you actually read every piece in DisplayMate’s review, the S9 and X are nearly identical, with the edge given to the iPhone X IMHO for a couple of reasons.

True Tone
    800+ nits without auto brightness, S9 can only hit 380+ inside.
    Look at Anandtech for more information about dithering in respect to dark scenes on the X compared to the S9.
    Automatic color management on iPhone X.
    Burn in management is better on the X as well.
    Notch is better than taking away the sides of the display for me IMHO.