Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thealvintran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
I've seen a lot of threads and posts about the front screen protector, but does anyone have any recommendations or found any glass protector for the back of the phone?

Reactions: poppe

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I am not sure of how much of market there will be for this. 5 weeks after the 8 has been out and there are not many options. I think it’s because if you do use a back glass protector, you’d still need something to protect those bezels from getting all scratched up and just won’t provide much protection from a hard drop.

Your probably better off buying skins that protect the entire phone at that point.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I’ve read that the adhesive around the camera is not properly adhering. Can someone confirm this or post some pics?

Stylnator

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
I just decided to go with a skin b/c literally no one sells iPhone X tempered glass back protector that's edge to edge. If you find anyone that does please message me.

Stylnator

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
That Olixar review doesn't apply the back protector so you don't know if it's edge to edge.

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
azfGQJM.jpg
ETqkFGs.jpg

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I was looking for one, but then I thought - would it do any good? I wanted something just to protect against putting it down on surfaces, but because of the camera hump, I think the main points of contact would be the edge of the camera housing and the edges of the bottom of the phone? So the main body probably wouldn’t be sitting on the surface and wouldn’t benefit from a screen protector much?

Stylnator

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2017
I was looking for one, but then I thought - would it do any good? I wanted something just to protect against putting it down on surfaces, but because of the camera hump, I think the main points of contact would be the edge of the camera housing and the edges of the bottom of the phone? So the main body probably wouldn’t be sitting on the surface and wouldn’t benefit from a screen protector much?

It's more so for drops, not scratches. You put a screen protector on the front hoping that the tempered glass of the protector breaks first if it's dropped. Now that the phone also has a glass back it just makes sense to put a tempered screen protector on there and if you look at all the recent drop tests, it's the glass that has been cracking first.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I just tried fitting mine - like the pic above it’s nowhere near edge to edge. But as it’s on the back maybe that’s acceptable? And it’s certainky nicer looking than even the slimmest clear case.

Hmm. Combined with AC+ and a decent front protector this might be a good alternative to a case..

v1597psh

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
London
Got iPhone X and looking for a back clear cover that is thick enough to make the camera flush. Any options?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.