iPhone X iPhone X battery % after 6-8 hours sleep?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ralfi, May 19, 2018.

1. Ralfi macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Found a pattern over the past 1+ week where I'd go to bed & switch off the phone at 100%, have 6-8 hours sleep (more the lesser), & the phone would be 85-87% in the morning.

I'm wondering if since I switched on iCloud Photo Library & iCloud Music Library that they're still uploading/configuring in the background whilst the phone's asleep & on the wifi network?

Is anyone elses X losing excessive charge from 100%, during 6-8 hours of standby?

2. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

What does the battery tab say is using the phone?

3. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

I actually don't use any other iCloud features except for Notes and Find my iPhone. I get about 7-9 hours of sleep and battery would decrease roughly about be 0-5% when I wake up. I can't really comment how it does now since I currently use Power Cycle app to track my sleeping pattern and quality of sleep that requires the app to be on foreground and locked with iCloud Health sync.

You can check Battery Usage and tap on clock icon to see on screen and background usage to pin point which app have been taking up more battery consumption in background.

Normally, iCloud backup only occurs if iPhone is locked, idle, connected to WiFi and charger. It wouldn't sync without any of these requirements though.

4. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

upload_2018-5-20_12-30-57.png

Spotify use was most likely at gym this morning.

I don't understand the Torch use...it's always near the top of battery use since I've had the X. I only use it for < 2 minutes a day....

5. Banglazed macrumors 68020

Banglazed

Torch is basically the flashlight but are you using notification with LED flash?

6. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Ahh yeah very true. All those message notifications would add up the battery use from the LED. & I do tend to let messages flash twice, so that would be it.

But the mystery of the battery draw overnight remains...:confused:

7. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-much-charge-does-your-phone-drop-overnight.2100964/

8. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

If I charge to 100% and not use it for 12+ hours, it is still 100%. If it was originally less than 100% then it might fall by 1-2% tops. My iPad Pro 10.5s are just as good too.

9. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

10. Kram Sacul macrumors regular

Kram Sacul

It’s probably your cellular signal drawing a bit of juice. Put it in airplane mode at night and see if there is a difference.

11. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

I'm doubting that because I've lived here over 10 years, on the same mobile network & all prior iPhones to the X (which I've had since late March) haven't used any/much battery over night.

Anyway, it seems to have settled. Monitoring the situation...

12. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Go lower, does your battery usage match your standby?

Happened to me also, I had an app eating my battery, dropped 10-15% everynight.

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What happens if you put it in airplane mode while you sleep?

What if you turn off apps using cellular data and disconnect from wifi while you sleep?

What happens if you leave it in Do Not Disturb while you sleep?

What happens if you turn off notifications while you sleep?

14. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Another night of only 2% lost, although I'm staying in a motel & hence not on home WiFi network.

Do Not Disturb is on from 10pm-7am anyway, disabling Notifications also & those other settings were never required in the past.

Hopefully when I return home, things are as they appear now... minimal battery usage.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Mine is always at 100% when I wake up because it is sitting on the charger.

16. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Please....:D

17. Julienne macrumors member

Julienne

The first 7 I got shortly had the same problems. First couple of weeks it was fine then on standby and even when it was powered off I was losing lots of battery % overnight. Initially Apple chat advised the battery was showing OK but when I went for my Genius appt again the battery was OK but their diagnostics showed crashing and restarting although I never noticed this happening?? I am pretty sure it was a hardware issue as I tried all other solutions, restore as new, restore from DFU, delete all apps etc, etc. In the end they gave me a new phone without any hassle.

18. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

My Note 8 loses 1, sometimes 2% overnight when left in Aeroplane mode. I miss the way my old iPhones would lose 0.5% over the same period.

19. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

honestly that was pretty normal for me. I always charge each night now though in fairness.

20. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

Disable Background App Refresh and Hey Siri and try again. Though ideally that shouldn’t be needed.

21. Ralfi, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018

Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Yeah the main point is that it battery never depleted so much in the past. So adjusting settings shouldn't be needed.

Jury still out....

aaaand after another night, we're back to waking up to 85%... :confused:

22. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68020

Ralfi

Update. It's settled down now it appears - last couple of nights, woken to battery being 98% & 99%. :D