iPhone X battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Birjup, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Birjup macrumors newbie

I was running the beta of 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus and the battery life was terrible. Now that I received my X I restored from Icloud to a non beta and it works great.

The battery life however with moderate use isn’t lasting me as long others or my wife who uses her phone more than I do.

Not sure if it’s the phone, the backup or whether I have only used the Mophie pad for wireless charging since day 1.

Please advise.

Attached Files:

2. lavender21 macrumors member

Mine looks pretty much the same as yours. I am at 7%, with 6 hours 55 minutes usage and 14 hours standby. Coming from an iPhone 6, the battery is really good. But compared to coming from an iPhone 7 Plus, the X's battery probably isn't as large as the plus.

3. Birjup thread starter macrumors newbie

It’s got more than the 8plus from what I read. People have been having way better results from what I’ve seen.

4. lavender21 macrumors member

The X has slightly more than the 8 Plus, and the 7 Plus has the most. How long your battery lasts depends on your own personal usage as well. Facebook typically takes up a lot of battery, so a lot of people just use the safari Facebook. I'm not sure why your safari is using so much battery though.

I also read that FaceID uses battery too for scanning your face, so that might have to do with it whenever you use autofill.

5. jfk3674 macrumors member

My doesn't seem to hold a charge. Quick use of wake this morning for a 20 minute trip I was down to 50. returned back home and it was 30. placed it on a charger, did not charge. plugged in charger and it got to 80 and stopped. That and I can't play movies or music on it because it crashes each time. Been on the phone with apple for the last 45 minutes trying to reset it.