iPhone X battery opinions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garethjs, Nov 4, 2017.

1. garethjs macrumors 6502a

juat got my X coming from an iPhone 8 Plus

My usage is primarily music, iMessage, safari, instagram, WhatsApp

Using it with a full charge today, I’m on 34% now with 5.5hrs of usage, standby 12hrs. I’ll hit 10% in another hr

With the same usage for the last 5 weeks on the 8 plus easily ending the day with 50%

I find the phone gets very hot with general usage

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

The first few days are always worse than the first month average as there’s loads of extra activity in those initial days. Whether it’s downloading music, photos, iCloud data or apps....

3. Ankitprakash macrumors newbie

Ankitprakash

Yup. I think we will get to know more about the battery in few days. Though probably it will not be in same league as the plus models.
    I have a question regarding charging - can i use a note 8 power adapter with the standard supplied iphone cable for a little bit faster charging compared to the standard slow iphone brick?

4. Hc9019 macrumors newbie

Coming from the SE, there definitely seems to be an improvement. Managed to get mine a day early, so had a full day with it yesterday - ended the day on 37%, when usually I'd be on around the 10% with my SE. This test suggests it's a touch worse than the 8 plus though - https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-battery-life,news-26068.html

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can't speak for the Note 8 adapter, but I do use my 10 Watt iPad charger and it does help improve the rate of speed for charging my iPhone.

6. jacklivehere macrumors regular

Coming from iPhone 8, my battery died over night from 53%. Probably still doing restores and indexing. but going to monitor closely. I have 200+ Apps installed.

7. cwilliams706 macrumors regular

cwilliams706

This was mentioned before, but our usage during the first few days is higher than usual. My device didn’t make it through half the day without needing a charge, but it seems that be leveling out now.

8. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

My 7+ batt went to **** the day I upgraded to ios11. Down to 20% by the end of my day in the office at best. Before it would be around 40-50% if I remember correctly and would always last the day but not for the last month or so.

Can’t comment on iPhone X as it takes a few charges to get going normally and only got it yesterday but seems to be doing ok after downloading everything from iCloud.