Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slumpey326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Florida
I don’t know if this is a weird glitch but I put my brightness settings towards the top and then when I check it again like 2 hrs later it is close to the bottom. I don’t know why it is happening. I don’t have True Tone on. Is there another setting somewhere that is doing this.

slumpey326

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Florida
Try:

Settings
General
Accessibility
Display Accommodations: Make sure Auto-Brightness is not on

I don't know why Apple had to move auto-brightness off the brightness setting itself, go figure.

That was it just turned it off. Thanks. Why did they move that,

Reactions: macfacts

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Happy to help.

I'm likewise baffled why they did that....
[doublepost=1509854957][/doublepost]
You know, that might be a good idea, thanks!
You remember an article about oled burn-in migration? I think it's just a protocol to help people degrade lesser...i could be wrong.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
You remember an article about oled burn-in migration? I think it's just a protocol to help people degrade lesser...i could be wrong.

Hmm...good thought.

Speaking of which, I just demoed an Pixel 2 at my local BestBuy the day they were released and that poor phone already has the worst burn-ins I've ever seen...it was pitiful!! I hope our iPhone X's are better as time moves on.

Reactions: pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Hmm...good thought.

Speaking of which, I just demoed an Pixel 2 at my local BestBuy the day they were released and that poor phone already has the worst burn-ins I've ever seen...it was pitiful!! I hope our iPhone X's are better as time moves on.
....pixel 2....sigh..yeah. I hope so too.

Reactions: deany and donster28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.