iPhone X Bumper case (like the ones for 4/4S)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sviato, Oct 17, 2017.

1. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Has anyone found any good bumper cases being released for the iPhone X? I want one similar to the one I had for my iPhone 4 and 4S where the case only goes around the outer band and the screen and back are exposed. Tried googling but many vendors are releasing normal cases (with covered backs) and calling them bumpers, it's a bit annoying.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't seem to be releasing one for the iPhone X so if anyone has seen any, please send a link, I'd really appreciate it!

2. walds11 macrumors 6502a

3. MrHopsing macrumors newbie

MrHopsing

I've preordered RhinoShields CrashGuard bumper, can be found here

4. Discobob macrumors newbie

Rhinoshield Mod and the Thanotech K11 are the leading contenders out of the gate, IMO

5. sviato thread starter macrumors 68020

sviato

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Those were my two finalists. I ultimately picked the ThanoTech K11 because it’s slimmer and sort of resembles the Apple 4/4S bumper.

7. Discobob macrumors newbie

I like the K11 for my 8+ a lot, but I work in a pretty nasty environment. The Mod is on pre-order for the option of using a backplate when I want. I may just switch between them.

8. sviato thread starter macrumors 68020

sviato

I thought it had too much going on with the random rubber pieces and elongated corners

9. walds11 macrumors 6502a

It does have a lot going on for a bumper. The four rubber pieces are positioned uniformly around the case. The rubber pieces are part of the design and supposed to give the bumper some grip.

Are you referring to elongated corners on the back of the bumper? I don’t know what to make of those, but maybe for more rear lay on table protection?