iPhone X IPhone X camera dust

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aarongrooveremt, Mar 4, 2018.

1. aarongrooveremt macrumors member

hey guys I know there is a lot of posts about the camera dust on the iPhone X. Took mine into Apple. They no longer swap units out for this issue. Now they have the ability to clean the camera out or replace the entire camera.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

That’s fine as long as the issue is gone.

3. Relentless Power, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This is good information and its cost prohibitive for Apple. And for the overall cost for Apple, it likely was expensive for them to continuously exchange iPhones completely just for dust under the camera lens. And Now that they’re able to actually physically clean the customers phone, it might take some more time in store, but at least it doesn’t have Apple exchanging multiple phones for somebody that finds dust under the camera lens.

And once Apple finishes cleaning it, the customer can inspect it right there in the store without having that same customer come back multiple times again for the same repeated issue.

4. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

Which country/state/province/region is this Apple Store in? I have dust in mine too, and i want to get it cleaned out

5. aarongrooveremt thread starter macrumors member

Allentown, Lehigh valley. PA. What kills me is when I brought it in they were like “I never heard of this problem” really.... REALLY!? There are posts everywhere.....

6. TechNismo macrumors 6502

TechNismo

LOL it must have been their first day at work.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Every Apple store is different though. And maybe not every Apple store deals with the same issues or hasn’t had a certain issue with dust under the camera. We know there are threads about dust under the camera lens cover, but you have to remember, not everybody is searching for dust under camera lens cover unless it’s a problem. You just read about this on a tech forum, which is a small minority.

8. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Me and my girlfriend both have X’s and. I will say out of the 6 warranty replacements we have had. 3 of them had dust under the camera lens. 6 including the 2 we originally had.

9. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68040

Alexrat1996

You live in the same place as me they declined also the tech genius Megan who doesn’t do her job right and don’t care about customers that’s why I gave horrible feed back to that store they should really change there staff and that’s why I go to king of Prussia or willogrove PA But I still have same issue with two replacements

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Why would Apple decline you service?

11. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68040

Alexrat1996

They say the dust is normal but it’s not that’s why I don’t do business with my local store.

12. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

the dust is still fairly bad around mine but I leave mine in a case all the time so its not something I'm too bothered about in fairness. only noticeable when I take the case off.

13. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68040

Alexrat1996

Dude I tried king of Prussia Pa also they said it’s not affecting the camera and not affecting photos they won’t do a thing what a shame the issue is still there the only way I see it if I look at the back of my phone.

I won’t try an express replacement hearing the horrible stories from my cousin getting 4 units with same issue and from people on here.

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

How many exchanges have you had with the iPhone X now? If it’s not affecting your Photos or the Camera, you simply can’t ignore a few specs of dust? If it were to become a problem with the dust affecting your camera, Apple would resolve the issue by cleaning the camera module area.

15. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68040

Alexrat1996

I”m on replacement two first one had loose screen second one had dust in lens

16. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68040

Alexrat1996

I suppose if I call Apple care I can get a replacement but if not affecting my pictures I won’t and I got one from them last two months with dust I like doing it at store

17. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Hopefully apple make a flush camera so these issues don’t happen..mine has dust but can’t see it with a case on. Doesn’t appear to affect any photos anyway

18. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

Did the dust in the camera lens come from the factory or is this and after effect issue?

19. aarongrooveremt thread starter macrumors member

So if anyone wondered they replaced the camera however the phone failed lol. So they ended up swapping it it out.

20. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The dust gets trapped from being assembled in the factory and can be located under the camera lens cover. If it’s not near the camera module area or affecting the photographs, it’s likely not a problem. But for some, they don’t like dust and Apple has capabilities to clean that area if it does become problematic.