Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sacredmimi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Hi. I recently purchased Spigen ultra hybrid, and it caused a problem where it would interacts with the tempered glass so the sides are starting to gap. I need a clear case that is not too thick but protective, and importantly the lips not being too overlappy so it doesn't mess with the tempered glass so much.

Any recommendations? So far I'm looking at Speck's, Ringke Fusion, Tech21, Otterbox, or UAG even..

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Ringke fusion is basically a slightly slimmer hybrid ultra. Similar styling and does look and feel slimmer on the phone - I had both and returned the spigen.

Caudabe Lucid clear also an option but may be too slippery for you, and mine doesn’t have any front lip so I’m waiting for their redesign to get it swapped over.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 534
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 1,567

sacredmimi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Ringke fusion is basically a slightly slimmer hybrid ultra. Similar styling and does look and feel slimmer on the phone - I had both and returned the spigen.

Caudabe Lucid clear also an option but may be too slippery for you, and mine doesn’t have any front lip so I’m waiting for their redesign to get it swapped over.

Do you have any info about the R.Fusion front lip? I thought ultra hybrid was at a good medium-level bulkiness (although slimmer would have been nicer), but the lip was what caused the problem really.
[doublepost=1511349798][/doublepost]
Power Support Air Jacket Clear. Unlike other clear cases, this one will not turn yellow. It is also not bulky.

https://www.powersupportintl.com/air-jacket-for-iphone-x-clear/

I heard lots of good things, but also heard that it creates watermarks on the back side of the phone. How is it, and also importantly, the front lip?

tkao2025

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
New York
Yeah, I bought the Spigen too and it was thick and hard to take off. It's not completely clear, but I really like my Incase pop case I received yesterday.

xsimplyjosh

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2015
Hi. I recently purchased Spigen ultra hybrid, and it caused a problem where it would interacts with the tempered glass so the sides are starting to gap. I need a clear case that is not too thick but protective, and importantly the lips not being too overlappy so it doesn't mess with the tempered glass so much.

Any recommendations? So far I'm looking at Speck's, Ringke Fusion, Tech21, Otterbox, or UAG even..

Im using a tech21 pure clear which is nice but my phones still naked in the front. Thinking of a glass screen protector or the impact shield gizmo by tech21... so take my

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Do you have any info about the R.Fusion front lip? I thought ultra hybrid was at a good medium-level bulkiness (although slimmer would have been nicer), but the lip was what caused the problem really.

I heard lots of good things, but also heard that it creates watermarks on the back side of the phone. How is it, and also importantly, the front lip?

You want a big or small front lip? I think they felt similar - I wanted some lip to protect the phone when face down. They both had a bit of a narrow 'ridge' to them so you noticed it when swiping to go home, but didn't get in the way of it working.

As they're soft TPU sides, you could probably trim them down with a sharp knife if you wanted :)

sacredmimi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
You want a big or small front lip? I think they felt similar - I wanted some lip to protect the phone when face down. They both had a bit of a narrow 'ridge' to them so you noticed it when swiping to go home, but didn't get in the way of it working.

As they're soft TPU sides, you could probably trim them down with a sharp knife if you wanted :)

Well, smaller lip than spigen ultra hybrid.. otherwise the case was fine. My tempered glass started to lift.. that was the main problem. I guess I could also appreciate a tiny bit smaller thickness of the case as well

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I recommend the Ringke Air. Not as bulky as the Liquid Crystal. The upper and lower part of the case has lips to protect the screen.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Can anyone review the Totallee Spy or compare it to some of the other options like Power Support Air Jacket or Caudabe Lucid Clear?

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong

What do you mean by watermarks? You mean humidity? It has been clear for me since I got it and looks and feels great. Don't like using those gel cases which turn yellow after a few days.
[doublepost=1511410118][/doublepost]
One thing I haven’t liked about clear cases in the past, is stuff like lint gets in there and looks bad. Are they better these days?
Can't comment on that now since I just got the case and phone set up 2 days ago. So far all looks great. I guess you have to wipe the phone daily for either case you use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.