iPhone X, closing apps ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resqu2, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

I see videos of people closing out apps by swiping up on the app while in the switcher but this does not work for me. The app just disappears back into the screen but doesn’t close. Do I have a setting wrong or what am I doing wrong? This is the only thing I can’t figure out on my new phone.

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

You have to hold down on an app while in app switcher until the little minus sign appears on the top left then you can swipe to quit

3. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

What you are doing wrong is closing apps. There isn't a need for it.

4. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

This.

That said, unless an APP is seriously misbehaving, you should never need to do this.

5. Resqu2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I see that now, thanks! Guess I missed that part in the video I watched. I though once you held it down till the minus sign came up then you had to hit the minus sign which does work.

6. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I dont know why they did not just keep the swipe up to close

7. Nanotyrns macrumors 65816

Nanotyrns

Sometimes you do. Twitterific was locking up at sign-in for me today so I had to force close it to get back to the sign in screen.

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

The fastest way to close app is to bring up the task switcher, and then hold gently on any app, until you see the minus symbol, and then swipe up. You don't even need to remove your finger from the screen at any point. Just hold on app, and swipe up, - and then you can swipe all of them up.

9. vannibombonato macrumors 6502

Yes there is, and a pretty big one.
    The “bottom swipe” to flick between apps is pretty useless if you need to flick through 10 apps you’re not using before reaching the one you actually want.

10. Allyance macrumors regular

Allyance

I have struggled with this until I realized you don't press on the app, you press on the ICON above the app, piece of cake!