iPhone X iPhone X crashes frequently

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
It actually began right after the iOS 12 update. My phone would crash randomly either when being used or not. I tried all possible ways to reset it, even a DFU reset, but the problem remains.

Eventually I brought it to the Apple store and have it checked out. The genius said there was no hardware issues and it was caused the software. He asked me to use my phone without restoring it from a backup which might fix the issue. However i really don’t want to do since it is so inconvenient.

Now my all my messages (both iMessages and texts) just randomly disappear completely.

Has anyone ever encounter similar problems like this?

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Apr 11, 2014
USA
It actually began right after the iOS 12 update. My phone would crash randomly either when being used or not. I tried all possible ways to reset it, even a DFU reset, but the problem remains.

Eventually I brought it to the Apple store and have it checked out. The genius said there was no hardware issues and it was caused the software. He asked me to use my phone without restoring it from a backup which might fix the issue. However i really don’t want to do since it is so inconvenient.

Now my all my messages (both iMessages and texts) just randomly disappear completely.

Has anyone ever encounter similar problems like this?

I’m running iOS 12.1.4 I think and no issues I can think of touch wood

Devyn89

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Could be some kernel panics, go to settings —> privacy —> analytics—> analytics data and look for anything with the word panic in it

alexwei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Could be some kernel panics, go to settings —> privacy —> analytics—> analytics data and look for anything with the word panic in it
I actually have a bunch of them. could you elaborate on kernel panics a little bit more since I have never heard of it?