iPhone X iPhone X does not auto lock or sleep

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hrv888, May 13, 2019.

1. hrv888 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone

Anyone experiencing their phone not auto locking or going to sleep? Display just stays on until I press the sleep button on the right. If you did, what’s the fix for this? Thanks.

Also, how do you back up your iPhone or iPad to your Mac when the storage in my Mac is limited. Let’s say 256gb and my phone is 256gb + 64gb on my iPad.

Regards

2. mattguy10, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019

mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

I’m going to assume your auto lock setting is not set to never, but just checking. Did you try a simple reboot? If so, reset all settings would be the next thing to do.

If you don’t have enough space, you can backup to an external drive or pay for iCloud storage. $120/year for 2TB isn’t bad.

3. hrv888 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply. I’ve had auto lock feature on at 30 seconds. I’ve also tried resetting the phone but it still keeps the screen turned on.

How do you back up to external hard drive ?

4. mattguy10 macrumors 6502a

mattguy10

Time for a restore then. If that doesn’t work, a visit to the Apple store.

I’ve never gone the external hard drive route myself, but a quick Google search should help you find steps to walk you through it.

5. Lekro macrumors regular

Lekro

Did you solve the problem? I'm having the same issue with XR.
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2019 ---
    Never mind, a reboot solved it for me.

Try flicking the attention awareness features off and back on again. I did that also before rebooting, maybe that did the trick.