iPhone X dust stuck in earpiece grill

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevmclane, Nov 5, 2017.

1. kevmclane macrumors regular

kevmclane

Any tips on removal? This seems to happen to me every year! The phone looks so clean except for the crap filling up in the earpiece. I’m so careful with my devices but can never avoid this :mad:

2. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

3. kevmclane thread starter macrumors regular

kevmclane

I haven’t even used the phone to make a phone call yet, lmao. It’s just like white specks of dust that build up in there.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Try a small soft bristle grooming brush and that should be able to remove any debris. Hair trimming kits usually include them.

5. Tmelon macrumors 65816

A small paintbrush and compressed air always work for me. Fair warning, some people warn against using compressed air on iPhones, but I have been doing it for the past 4 iPhones with no issue.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

7. Steven.CS macrumors newbie

A q-tip soaked in alcohol always works for me!

8. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Unbelievable. You people really just can’t help but blame every poster who mentions any issue, no matter how small. Yes, it’s not a big deal, but it is annoying. Doesn’t matter if you never hold the phone up or your face, stuff gets in there no matter what from your pocket.

9. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like that poster hasn't been around for almost a year at this point.

10. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

This works- roll it to a little point tip. Sometimes even just the corner of a post-it note works well too.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2018 ---
    True. I wasn’t paying attention to the date after seeing that stupid reply.

11. ToddH macrumors 65816

ToddH

I’ve seen the apple store employees use a pen style device that has short bristles at the tip, they were in a circular pattern, it kind of looked like horse hair, but that tool was used to remove lint. I’ve only seen it there a time or two, I don’t know what it was. But I would imagine something like that would help. If the apple store employees still use it, give them a call and ask what it is.