iPhone X iPhone X EE UK Annual Upgrade?

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
anyone else in the same situation?

Purchased iPhone X on release date in Nov17 with annual upgrade option. EE are not allowing an early upgrade for these customers. Considering i pay £82.99p/m and NEW customers to iPhone X are able to upgrade anytime, this in my opinion is poor form.

Spoke to an agent on 150 this AM and they were adamant i can't upgrade early. Nothing is in place for what will be thousands of customers in the same situation.

Anyone else a bit pissed off?

clangers23

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2016
I'm in a similar position but I have a business account with an iPhone coming up for renewal in November and EE have said I can upgrade. Seems a bit weird they're allowing business customers to upgrade but not retail accounts? I thought EE allowed us the option of settling the current contract early around 6 weeks before the current contract expires or reaches the annual date?

What happens if you text UP to 150?

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I'm in a similar position but I have a business account with an iPhone coming up for renewal in November and EE have said I can upgrade. Seems a bit weird they're allowing business customers to upgrade but not retail accounts? I thought EE allowed us the option of settling the current contract early around 6 weeks before the current contract expires or reaches the annual date?

What happens if you text UP to 150?
My contract is 24 month with the option of giving the phone back after 12 months and upgrading. I can upgrade in November18 or September19.

To upgrade early they want £400 plus my phone back. But new customers on anytime upgrade plans would only have to pay £100.
[doublepost=1536839550][/doublepost]https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/bd-p/apple

A lot of discussion here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.