iPhone X Face ID Test With My Identical Twin

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by larry2375, Nov 6, 2017.

1. larry2375 macrumors newbie

So my brother came over and I tested to see if he could unlock my iPhone X with his face. It worked! He’s about 30lb lighter and has a mustache. Kind of disappointed that it did work. I do trust my brother but still disappointed that it worked.

2. santela macrumors regular

Thats expected. Would’ve been nice if Apple found a way to keep Touch ID so people can have the best of both worlds.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I mean, it’s a 3D map of your face. If you have the same face it sands to reason it would be fooled.

That’s not at all meant to sound condescending. But even Apple was up front about this and they tend to side step whenever possible.

4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

Well that sucks.. Maybe next software update Apple could increase the security by scanning the iris of the eye, who knows..

5. Streetmagus22 macrumors newbie

Isn’t it weird that he knows what your penis looks like?

6. illmatic41 macrumors regular

I almost spit out my tea while reading this.

7. fs454 macrumors 68000

Apple said it would right off the bat. Nobody else is getting in, and it’s not any less secure than it was pitched to be (which is much more secure than Touch ID)

8. rawlus macrumors 6502

interesting original post.

re:touch ID, it seems in the case of “identical”twins anyway, Touch ID would win over Face ID as identical twins don’t share the same fingerprints (even though DNA and other physical characteristics are identicical)