iPhone X feels sluggish compare to my i8 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxjrsmith3xx, Nov 6, 2017.

1. xxjrsmith3xx macrumors regular

xxjrsmith3xx

So I love the phone don't get me wrong but the phone feels sluggish compare to my iPhone 8 plus I currently use 2 phones daily driver i loaded up my back up to the X and everything feels very sluggish day to day actions comparing it to my iPhone 8 plus. The animations feels slow and like a stutter to the phone. Even locking the phone its not as fast as my 8 plus, Which i find weird since they use the same CPU maybe it can be the higher resolution(I cloud be wrong just throwing things out there) So not sure if anyone has felt the same problem as I but I do feel the slow down. Thanks!

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

Coming from a 7+ which is still pretty speedy. I don’t see any lags. It’s noticeable faster in just about every aspect. I’ve had a few slowdowns but that’s just from bugs at random times.. 95% of the time. My x FLIES

3. xxjrsmith3xx thread starter macrumors regular

xxjrsmith3xx

What’s the best way to restore a back up ? I feel like it might be the back up.

4. cforster macrumors 6502

I 2nd this thought. I chose not to restore from backup and mine is speedy. Its not any faster than my 8+ was, but its very much the same. FAST

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 68000

I personally think m iCloud is the best way to restore from backup.

6. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

Hoe long is the X up and running? The first few hours/day it might be indexing, downloading etc and it can be slower.

7. dolphin2421 macrumors regular

dolphin2421

Mine was very sluggish the first few hours of operation, mostly doing the download, restore & indexing. It’s very speedy now. Really loving it now that it’s straightened out!

8. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I’ve been restoring from iCloud backup ever since it was introduced, 2011 or 2012 my memory isn’t that great :D and my iPhone X has been no exception.

It’s never given me reason not to use it, I know some people are die hard advocates of fresh installs but I’ve yet to find a performance difference with any of my own devices, so I don’t know maybe it depends what you have installed but I definitely recommend iCloud backup.

Other than a few frames here and there on the first day, which I forgive all things considered, my X has been buttery smooth since then.

It’s a bit of a beast as well, I’ve been running the usual benchmark tools as I always do out of curiosity.

While they’re not the best real world indicators of anything, they do at least provide a passable source of reference against other devices and my X has been above the curve for some reason scoring 4234 in single core and 10277 in multi core Geekbench 4 tests.

So I’m quite pleasantly surprised, not that the numbers mean much in day to day use, but normal use has been really impressive coming from my 7+, though I suppose it would be.