iPhone X Full Battery Notification?

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
I've looked around a bunch for an answer but haven't found one. I've noticed a couple times when I have my phone charging at work (through a wall charger) that when my X hits 100%, the screen lights up and shows a full battery icon where the time usually is and it vibrates really quick. I think this repeats a couple times. It's also done it a few times in a row when I pick the phone up after its hit 100% when plugged in. Thought maybe my cable was moving but its not. Anyone else notice this?

Is this normal for it, a new thing, something wrong with my charger, or me just noticing something thats been there the whole time? I dont recall noticing it do that with my 6S plus but I also charged that over night mostly. I also haven't tried another charger, I'm doing that later tonight.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
Well it makes sense for it to notify when it’s at 100% I often have do not disturb on while charging so I couldn’t comment on alerts. It definitely displays on screen though.

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Well it makes sense for it to notify when it’s at 100% I often have do not disturb on while charging so I couldn’t comment on alerts. It definitely displays on screen though.
Yeah I mean I know it notifies you. I probably wasn’t as clear as I should have been lol. I guess my question was more about the vibrate quick like 3 times in a row. I never noticed it before. I plan to test a few things to see.

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Well I think I answered my question. It's taken me a few days to use different chargers because I've been getting about a day and a half out of my full charge. I think it was the cable I have at work and not a phone or iOS thing. It might be starting to go. It is firmly in the charging port in the phone and doesn't move at all but when I moved it about an inch below the port it did exactly what I said. It was registering the cable being unplugged and plugged in again. I must have been bumping the table or when I picked up the phone it was jarring the wires inside the cable. Luckily I have like 3 extras at home. Thanks for the reply j800r.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Well I think I answered my question. It's taken me a few days to use different chargers because I've been getting about a day and a half out of my full charge. I think it was the cable I have at work and not a phone or iOS thing. It might be starting to go. It is firmly in the charging port in the phone and doesn't move at all but when I moved it about an inch below the port it did exactly what I said. It was registering the cable being unplugged and plugged in again. I must have been bumping the table or when I picked up the phone it was jarring the wires inside the cable. Luckily I have like 3 extras at home. Thanks for the reply j800r.
Ah. I know that issue. Check the lightning socket for fluff or lint as that was always the issue with me. I’ve gone completely wireless now and it’s a godsend.

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Ah. I know that issue. Check the lightning socket for fluff or lint as that was always the issue with me. I’ve gone completely wireless now and it’s a godsend.
Yeah that's next on my list to get. I've been looking into them, just haven't decided on one lol

orev

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Never seen an alert when 100%. That would be really annoying as most people charge their phones while they are sleeping. Why would I want to be woken up by an alert just because the battery is full?

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Never seen an alert when 100%. That would be really annoying as most people charge their phones while they are sleeping. Why would I want to be woken up by an alert just because the battery is full?
I agree. I don’t think it actually alerts you. I think it was just my cable being wonky because I haven’t seen it with my other charger. Haven’t even noticed it light up for a sec when it hits 100% but I THINK that might be the only kind of “alert” you get.

orev

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
Why would you sleep without Do Not Disturb on?
Because I want alerts about actually important things to come through? I've already disabled all notifications for apps like Facebook, etc... That crap should be off all the time, not just when you're sleeping.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Because I want alerts about actually important things to come through? I've already disabled all notifications for apps like Facebook, etc... That crap should be off all the time, not just when you're sleeping.
There are options for allowing important calls etc from certain contacts. The feature is pretty much designed for sleeping.

orev

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
There are options for allowing important calls etc from certain contacts. The feature is pretty much designed for sleeping.
Yes, and they only work if you already know the phone numbers people will be calling you from. Please just accept the fact that some people have different use cases from you so need to do things differently.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes, and they only work if you already know the phone numbers people will be calling you from. Please just accept the fact that some people have different use cases from you so need to do things differently.
You can set it up to allow calls from even numbers that you don't know (basically everyone). But it's still certainly limited in the sense that it only provides some controls for calls, but that's about it, nothing for messages or perhaps something else that might be important to someone.

Ka9shk

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2018
I've looked around a bunch for an answer but haven't found one. I've noticed a couple times when I have my phone charging at work (through a wall charger) that when my X hits 100%, the screen lights up and shows a full battery icon where the time usually is and it vibrates really quick. I think this repeats a couple times. It's also done it a few times in a row when I pick the phone up after its hit 100% when plugged in. Thought maybe my cable was moving but its not. Anyone else notice this?

Is this normal for it, a new thing, something wrong with my charger, or me just noticing something thats been there the whole time? I dont recall noticing it do that with my 6S plus but I also charged that over night mostly. I also haven't tried another charger, I'm doing that later tonight.

No I don’t think you are alone. I have an iPhone 8 and about a dozen of times after being fully charged my screen light flashes and the phone vibrates and at the location of time battery sign shows up saying 100%. So yeah it sometimes notifies. You aren’t the only one. Idk why it doesn’t notifies all the time

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No I don’t think you are alone. I have an iPhone 8 and about a dozen of times after being fully charged my screen light flashes and the phone vibrates and at the location of time battery sign shows up saying 100%. So yeah it sometimes notifies. You aren’t the only one. Idk why it doesn’t notifies all the time
There's no notification for something like that, so whatever happens with that seems to be related to something else, as suggested in the thread.

Reactions: amcottre

amcottre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
Check your cable. That ended up being my issue. The cable would move and it would register as being unplugged and plugged back in, hence the screen lighting up and the icon popping up. Ever since I switched cables, and then ditched cables altogether for wireless, it hasn't done it.

Amirardalan

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2018
Check your cable. That ended up being my issue. The cable would move and it would register as being unplugged and plugged back in, hence the screen lighting up and the icon popping up. Ever since I switched cables, and then ditched cables altogether for wireless, it hasn't done it.
me too ur problem ! What should i do
[doublepost=1524836663][/doublepost]

Me to ur problem pls help !