iPhone X iPhone X glass repair

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JokerABC, Apr 3, 2018.

1. JokerABC macrumors member

So beautiful, but a phone made out of all glass is not good. Is Apple the best place to repair the X front glass? How much is it, $279?

I called some private phone repair shops and they pretty much all said “we don’t repair the IPhone X yet.” Looks like everyone too scared to work on it?

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

If you get it repaired outside of Apple then you pretty much void the warranty.

3. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

If you purchased apple care is 39.00 for a screen replacement for the front, 599 for the back but you can claim 2 accidental warranties for 129

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

I wouldn’t want a third party screen replacement anyway.. Who knows what the quality or calibration of the oled replacement would be

5. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

$279 without AC+, $29 with AC+ for screen replacement. The X is the first iPhone where I actually purchased AC+. It has come in handy since I already had to get the screen replaced.

6. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Are you sure? I seem to recall that Apple has done this before…

[​IMG]

7. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Best bet is to take it to Apple as the screen is complex due to the notch and requires calibration. Apple may not be the cheapest but their work is guaranteed

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I Realize this doesn’t answer your questions, as others have already provided their feedback. But remarking that a “Phone made out of all glass is not good” is entirely dependent on the user. Its based on how somebody treats their phone and if they’re using a case, or simply accidents happen. Any and all smart phones in general have a breaking point that’s based on impact and the surface it lands on.

9. orev macrumors 6502

Yeah, and everyone complained and had issues with it then too.

10. Gaura Mohana macrumors regular

Very few people do glass only repairs. I do iPhone repairs and can buy 4-5-6-7-8 screens for <$40. X screens are $279 in parts alone. The part simply doesn't exist for purchase from anywhere else yet.

11. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Both the OEM glass lens and the full OEM display assembly are available for purchase.

http://www.rewatechnology.com/e-catalog/For Apple Parts/for-apple-parts/for-iphone-series/for-iphone-x

Most shops simply don't have the experience or the laminating tools and molds to do iPhone X repairs yet.

12. fred98tj macrumors 6502

So the OP bought a phone that by his judgement is “not good”. ?!?!

13. JokerABC thread starter macrumors member

Yes, and like other said, had many complaints. I owned one also, and dropped it many times but that’s glass seemed stronger.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 3, 2018 ---
    Did I specifically say that phone is “not good?” The not good part in my sentence refers to the part of construction that it’s made out of all glass. You can’t infer anything else about the phone from that. In fact, I love this thing!

Remember, this is an Internet forum with typing - we are not talking. Not take everyone literally.

14. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Well, everyone except me, I guess.

15. bushman4 macrumors 68020

When replacing the glass there’s always a chance of ruining components in the notch. Best bet is Apple. Their work is guaranteed and you don’t void the warranty. This is important with a delicate iPhone X

16. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Thankfully, the front facing camera module is not a part of the display assembly. So, there’s very little chance of damage happening.

You don’t void the warranty with a third party repair either.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

18. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu