Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyphoneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
Hey guys so very weird problem I have. So I have an iPhone X and yes already out of warranty. So about a week ago my phone started resetting on its own. Would just shut off and go to apple logo, sometimes would start up and sometimes would just get stuck on the logo screen forcing me to do a hard reset. Now along with every time it resets that way my sound goes out as well making me reset the phone again after it resets on its own in order to get the sound back. I have already tried last resort and restore the phone through itunes and I set it up as new to see if it’s something with what I had on the back up or if it’s worth the phone itself. And of course even set up as new it still resets. Now that I’ve seen it reset so many times I most likely think 99% sure that it resets when the battery gets hot, so when ever I play a game for more then 15-20 min and the phone starts warming up on the back it shuts off. I tried showing this to an apple employee at the store but they just said it could be the game I’m playing even though I told them it has happened with another game also and even restarted when I put the back up back on and it was loading all the apps one by one and the phone was getting warm and boom restarted. Also their tests says the phone is perfect and doesn’t show any problems on the diagnosis tools.

So please if anyone has any idea what it is or what I can do to fix this since apple didn’t tell me anything. Was hoping maybe replacing the battery would help but don’t know if it’s the battery or something with the actual chip maybe?

Thanks for any advice!!

Last edited:

MyphoneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
Dang not 1 reply? Lol thought some one might have some tips or advice about this problem. :(

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
This usually is a battery symptom. If it's battery related, the device would shut off or restart randomly regardless whether you're using the phone or not.

MyphoneX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2019
This usually is a battery symptom. If it's battery related, the device would shut off or restart randomly regardless whether you're using the phone or not.

Hmm... Well the phone works perfectly if I’m not using it heavy as in gaming. Gaming is the only thing that makes my phone start heating up which causes the reboot. But if I use it to just surf the web and YouTube it has no problems and will not restart as they do not heat up the phone.
I also learned that I have some panic files in my analytics reports which seems like lots of people have when they get that symptom.

Hillll

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2019
Hey, is your problem solved? Sorry, I just saw that you are in trouble. I have a little experience with this problem and I hope it will be useful to you: in order to ensure that your phone is not damaged by hardware, in order: 1. Charging. 2. Force a reboot. 3. Update iOS. 4. Start recovery mode. 5. Factory reset. Among them, recovery mode and factory reset will result in data loss. If these methods are not able to solve the problem of iPhone X keeps restarting, you may want to go to the repair shop or use the repair tool, like FoneCope iOS System Recovery.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.