iPhone X Iphone X lagging videos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fthree, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Fthree macrumors 6502a

No matter if I have a full bar 4G signal or not it seems as if I cannot get a video to load on FB or other applications without it lagging. Def frustrating. Anyone know if this is a common problem? I have been in places that the service is amazing and places where it is not and it is the same issue.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

When you say lagging, are you talking about a video stopping to buffer before it continues? Is so, is this happening only in third-party apps, or is it also happening with stock apps?

3. Fthree thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes buffering (ALOT of buffering like every two seconds.) Mostly FB Instagram, and apps like that.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

1) Even though your phone displays 3 or 4 bars of LTE, that doesn't necessarily mean you have a good connection.
    2) The FB app has gotten a lot of negative press recently for various ongoing problems with its updates. I don't know about Instagram updates. The only social media I use is Twitter, and that is for business contacts.

More than likely, your buffering problems are related to problems with the third-party apps (and maybe some slow LTE at times).

5. Fthree thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you that is kind of what i was thinking (the apps) the iPhone X is solid and runs all else with ease.

6. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Just to be sure here, you say full bars of 4G

That is not the same as full bars of LTE

If it is actually only 4G, that is probably your issue---