Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Virgin Mobile USA today announced that it will begin taking iPhone X pre-orders on its website on Friday, November 3. The carrier originally said it would launch pre-orders today, in line with Apple and major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, but evidently the date has been pushed back by one week.

boost-virgin-mobile-iphone-x.jpg

Boost Mobile likewise announced that the iPhone X will be available to order on its website on Friday, November 10 in the United States.

Virgin Mobile USA's so-called "Inner Circle" plan offers unlimited talk, text, and data with a few caveats: video quality is limited to up to 480p resolution, music streams at up to 500 kbps, and games stream at up to 2 Mbps. The carrier promises 4G LTE speeds for "practically everything else."

Customers who use more than 23GB of data in a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the network is constrained.

Mobile Hotspot is available for an additional $10 per month, providing up to eight tethered devices with a dedicated allotment of 10GB of high-speed data to share each month. Unlimited calls to Mexico and Canada, and unlimited worldwide text messaging, can also be added for $5 per month.

Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile are both subsidiaries of Sprint and share the parent company's network in the United States.

Article Link: iPhone X Launches at Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile USA on November 10

DocMultimedia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Will the Virgin Mobile phone be tied to their network, or could you switch it to AT&T (after you paid off the phone) or others?

Update. Guess I found the answer on their website. "If you decide life in the Inner Circle isn’t for you, no problem. We’ll miss you, of course, but we don’t ask for a commitment, and we mean it. Simply send your iPhone back within 14 days of purchase and we’ll give you a full refund. If you’re past the 14-day mark, you’re free to take your iPhone elsewhere."

Last edited:
Comment

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Will the Virgin Mobile phone be tied to their network, or could you switch it to AT&T (after you paid off the phone) or others?

Update. Guess I found the answer on their website. "If you decide life in the Inner Circle isn’t for you, no problem. We’ll miss you, of course, but we don’t ask for a commitment, and we mean it. Simply send your iPhone back within 14 days of purchase and we’ll give you a full refund. If you’re past the 14-day mark, you’re free to take your iPhone elsewhere."
Interesting. This would be a good way to get the superior CDMA iPhone X is you couldn't order it today.

Comment

JGIGS

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
No iPhone X info anywhere on Fido's website but there parent company Rogers has it. I don't remember this happening for flagship phone launches before. FYI these are Canadian providers.

Comment

BaltimoreMediaBlog

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2015
DC / Baltimore / Northeast

It was a BITCH trying to get my Virgin Mobile iPhone unlocked.
You practically had to suck some guy's D!©k! :D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.