iPhone x - low fps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marcus777, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Marcus777 macrumors newbie

Yesterday i bought a new iPhone x, and everything is just fine, but... When scrolling, fps drops. Frame rate is quite bad. It is very noticeable in safari when scrolling text and pictures, and in settings app when scrolling. Could this be an iOS 11 related problem? Anyone else experiencing issues like that? What am I supposed to do? It is not that bad, but it drives me crazy. Would restoring help?

2. QquegChristian macrumors 6502

There is a slight ghosting effect for sure. I’m not used to OLED and it looked strange to me. I put it side by side with my 7 and the same thing exists on the 7... I’d just say that the 7 looks more like motion blur and the X looks more jittery. I think that makes the 7 more pleasant, but once you get used to the X, it makes it seem sharper. Wouldn’t say either is superior for motion is what I’m saying. Just different from each other.

I believe I read that both panels are 60hz, but that the touch input on the X updates at 120hz. So it feels smoother than it looks.

Now if you’re talking about literal stops and stutters, that doesn’t sound right. But if it looks like you need glasses when scrolling, that’s normal.

3. Marcus777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that's exactly how it looks... It still feels smooth, but it is how you described it (I also compared it to my 6S now). I was just afraid I was the only one who noticed it, as nobody is talking about.

Thanks.

4. Mornnb macrumors newbie

I noticed seemingly slow scrolling and animation immediately when looking at the iPhone X in the store. Also compared to my 8 Plus the screen seems noticeably smaller for web/email as it’s so much more narrow. Made me regret my pre-Order which is due for the 28th.