iPhone X Mail bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Asmwyz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Asmwyz macrumors newbie

Asmwyz

This is a very minor detail but it's hugely annoying.

I came from an iPhone 5 running on iOS9. When I get an email that I know is junk (that is a notification), I can just press 'delete' and that will delete the mail from my inbox. No red badge alert.

The problem is now that I have an iPhone X. When I 3D touch the mail notification, I have two options. 'Delete' and 'Mark as read.' It doesn't matter which I select, it will not reflect it in the Mail App.

The notification will go from the notifications bar, but the mail will remain with a red badge alert, and be unread. The only way to delete it is if I open up the email and then delete it.

What I can't understand is why both the option delete and mark as read is present, but it doesn't do anything!

I want to know if anyone else is having this problem, and whether there is a fix for it. I can't work out if it is my email server or the app/iOS itself, but I have tried with other email accounts and the same issue persists.

Many thanks.

2. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Are you by chance using an exchange account? There is a bug with iOS 11.1 that causes the quick actions from a notification banner not to have any effect. The issue is fixed in the current 11.2 beta so a fix should be coming in the next release. You can also get it now by joining the public beta program.

3. Asmwyz thread starter macrumors newbie

Asmwyz

Mate, this is honestly what I hoped to hear, and I've been searching for an answer for this for a couple of hours. If this was reddit I'd give you gold xD. But it still affects Outlook too. Haven't tested with gmail though :/

I've been sending myself email and playing around with the settings for god knows how long - I'll just wait for the update, as long as there is a fix coming!!

4. MacDevil7334 macrumors 65816

MacDevil7334

Yeah what’s crazy is the issue wasn’t there throughout the entire 11.1 beta process. But then it showed up in the final build that was released to the public. I really don’t understand how Apple's OS development process works sometimes!