iPhone X Multitasking Gesture Shortcut Tip / Trick

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmie Geddes, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Jimmie Geddes, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Jimmie Geddes macrumors 6502

iPhone X Multitasking Gesture Tip Apple’s official multitasking gesture on the iPhone X shows a user swiping their finger from the bottom of the screen towards the middle of the display, then pausing until the apps appear in their video linked below. However, for even quicker access, you only need to make an upside down “L” inside of the Dock, as shown in the video above.

Would love to see what other iPhone X and mainly my MacForum friends to share with users what they may have stumbled upon to enhance the user experience. Knowing Apple, there are sure to be others and more only waiting to be found,

I put mine in a video below, would love to have more iPhone X users share tips, tricks, etc.

2. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Thanks for that, it’s always good to share tips.
    If it makes it easier for you, you don’t need to use the bar. Swiping diagonally from the bottom left corner goes straight into multitasking too.

3. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Doesnt 3D touch multitask work on iphone X?

Because if it does, it is ages faster than whatever gesture the X has at the moment.

I am really baffled as to how little knowledge regarding 3d touch there is among iphone users. Its as if people never even bothered to check 3d touch out, it has some really great advantages that can speed up your experience...

4. Diorama macrumors 6502a

It isn’t faster. I used it on my 6S Plus all the time, it’s exactly as fast as this method.

5. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

I always had a hard time activating multitasking using 3D Touch. So for my self, that was a terrible method.

6. Diorama macrumors 6502a

You got used to it, it needed a certain pressure and timing, but it was great when it worked.
    I was worried because in apples videos it looks so slow to bring up the multitasking with gesture controls, but it’s so much faster and more fluid in real use.

7. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Dont know guys, to me 3d touch is simply the best method to multitask. It is the most convenient way in terms of how you hold the phone, and yes it does need a period of adjustment, but when you get used to it, there is no turning back.

Placing my finger on the bottom part of an iphone X screen is not a very convenient way to start multitask and it is kinda dangerous to drop your phone as well. Ith 3d touch you get a firm grip of your phone and I dont know, it feels more natural gesture to start multitasking.

8. Diorama macrumors 6502a

9. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

Nope, no 3D Multi-Tasking on the X. Instead we have the three other ways. The slide up and pause, diagonally from the bottom left corner (my favourite as I find it quick and easy) or just swiping through them by swiping left or right on the bar.

10. Jimmie Geddes, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Jimmie Geddes thread starter macrumors 6502

3D Touch Multiaskingdoes not work on the iPhone X, miss pressing the side, as I had done on my 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Maybe Apple will bring that back, along with the intuitive swipe to close open apps ;) They fixed that in the iOS iPad 11 beta by allowing users to swipe apps off the screen and not having to deal with a red - sign, in addition to also being able to swipe apps off the screen to force close...

11. Valkyre macrumors 6502

Wait so if you install 11.1 on iphone x 3d touch multitask does not work?

12. Diorama macrumors 6502a

It already doesn’t work.