Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,

A small thing I noticed... I have reachability enabled on my iPhone X. As such, I swipe down quite a lot near the bottom edge of the screen.

Doing so, I noticed that there is an ever so slight 'edge' of the glass panel, really minute but it seems to be there. It much easier to feel but looking closely, you can also see it.

On inspection, it seems that both the glass panels on the phone have a raised edge around the full perimeter. It is not the rubber gasket lining the screen or the transition between the screen and the frame, it really is the glass itself. It could be an effort to prevent scratches?

Is this present on other devices or do I have poorly manufactured panels?

vannix

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
Mine has a moderate gap, I can slide in a piece of paper and it goes 2mm in

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Mine has a moderate gap, I can slide in a piece of paper and it goes 2mm in

Thanks, but is was not really referring to the gap between the glass and the frame.

Instead, at least on my device, it seems the glass itself curves ever so slightly up near the edges. The swipes across the edge to activate reachability really make it stand out...

vannix

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2010
Thanks, but is was not really referring to the gap between the glass and the frame.

Instead, at least on my device, it seems the glass itself curves ever so slightly up near the edges. The swipes across the edge to activate reachability really make it stand out...
Oh excuse me, now I understand what you mean, I can confirm that on mine the glass is flush!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.