iPhone X Notification Center and Reachability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roberrrrrt, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Roberrrrrt macrumors newbie

One of the things I noticed during the iPhone X demo was that you swipe down from the utilities portion of the screen (on the right next the notch). Does anyone know if also works on the left hand side (where the time is listed)? As a left handed person I expect it to be pretty tricky to get up to the right hand corner...which brings me to the Reachability feature. Anyone know how the iPhone X will handle that? Without a home button to double tap I can't imagine how they'll include that functionality.

2. chabig macrumors 603

From what I've heard, reachability won't be a feature on the iPhone X. But that phone is smaller than the Plus sized iPhones, so it shouldn't be necessary.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

4. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

I was also concerned with this. but i've been testing it with my 6S, reaching the top left isn't too bad for me. There's a slight adjustment with my (normal sized) hand to get the thumb within striking distance, but it's not a drama. (I could even reach it with no adjustment).

Oh I just noticed your title mentions 'Notifications'. Accessing them should be slightly easier as they're from the middle of the top edge. It's the Control Centre that's accessed from the right corner area.