iPhone X OLED makes iOS feel dated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 4, 2017.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

I feel like the home screen feels dated now that I have an OLED display. It feels just a bit too basic for the engineering that went behind it.

2. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 604

Yes thats correct. The OLED makes iOS feel dated.

3. Gooberton macrumors 65816

4. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

I can see where you’re coming from. Such advanced hardware with a pretty similar interface to any other iPhone.

5. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 604

I feel like the iOS doesnt take advantage of having a beautiful and capable display. iOS should highlight the display more.

6. Damon2 macrumors regular

iOS has looked and felt dated for a long time now, I didn't need OLED to realise that.

7. Diorama macrumors 6502a

8. DeanLubaki macrumors 6502a

DeanLubaki

iOS could have been redesigned to be darker, or at least have a dark mode. Can you imagine if most of the interface was Black/White or Black/Orange like the  Watch app? It would save tons of battery because the screen would not even need to light up the black pixels.

9. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Springboard is the only aspect of iOS that feels dated. I wish we could have our own launchers, and config them like on Android. Inside applications, I don't notice the difference as notification swipes and gestures are similar on Android.

At a Minimum, I would LOVE to be able to fit more icons on the home screen. It honestly feels like the icon size and layout are setup for those with vision impairment. I am totally fine with that, just wish we could scale icon size like we have been able to do for over a decade in OS X.

10. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 604

The ones Ive seen online so far are terrible.

11. Diorama macrumors 6502a

Yeah all the sandwiches I’ve seen are terrible.

12. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Rather than saying that you’re disappointed, come up with some idea of what you’d like to see. That makes it a more valid argument.