iPhone X one handed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saiz66, Sep 19, 2017.

1. saiz66 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting the iPhone X but I use my phone one handed 90% of the time. Do you think it will be easy to use the iPhone X one handed?

2. TwitchyPuppy macrumors member

TwitchyPuppy

Of course! More than the 6/7/8 Plus as it’s smaller.

3. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

Depends, how big are you hands?

Joking aside, I'm in the same boat. I would never want a Plus, and the 6S can be a stretch at times. Cutting out a piece of paper / cardboard using the dimensions may help.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This isn’t a one handed phone no matter how you try to justify it. Sure if you are sitting on the coach browsing the web, but control center and notification is going to take two hands or lots of one-handed adjusting.

5. Phasism Suspended

Agreed depending on size of hands

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Well, try using one of the 4.7” phones one handed, and imagine it slightly bigger and with the screen going right to the edges.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Agreed, with the swiping up and down from various spots. not intended as one handed phone.

8. ValhallaOutcast macrumors regular

ValhallaOutcast

hard to say, medium size hands here and the 6 was doable one handed but ofcourse I didnt have to reach the top bezzle which is now more screen, swiping from the top will be your furtherest reach and might be the tricky one handed

9. ARizz44, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

It simply cannot be compared to the 4.7" device just because it will be similar in 'overall' size. I started a thread on this earlier today. The bezel that is gone from the top of the 4.7" size is now screen. So, if you set the X next to the 8 plus where the bottoms of both are level to one another, sure, the X is shorter. BUT, the usable screens are the "same" height from the bottom where the phones rest on your pinky. So regardless if the overall size of the X is smaller with no bezel, since the screen is that much taller, if you cannot one-hand the Plus you likely won't one hand the X.
    IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0148.JPG

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I’m using an SE (4”) screen and it’s perfect for one hand use. The 4.7” phones are too big for me to use comfortably one handed. That’s only .7” different. I would imagine 1.1” is going to be a lot bigger than people expect from a one handed standpoint.

11. MacQork macrumors regular

MacQork

Please use the search function, there are already threads about this.
    Lock this thread mods?

12. saiz66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. It sounds like the answer is no. Also with the iPhone 7 I use reachability quite often.

13. Damon2 macrumors regular

MKBHD doesn't consider it a one handed device and he has large hands

Disappointing as I like that majority of the time I can use my iPhone 7 one handed