iPhone X order restrictions?

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
I was asking myself if there are any order restrictions when pre-ordering will start on the 27th. Have there been any restrictions in the past that prevented you from ordering more than 1/2 iPhones per account? I remember that I wasn't able to order more than 2 AirPods when they were released last year.

Thanks in advance

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
There will definitely be a limit of two per order.

I believe the fine print often says two devices per account, too - but that doesn't seem to be enforced.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68020
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
I was asking myself if there are any order restrictions when pre-ordering will start on the 27th. Have there been any restrictions in the past that prevented you from ordering more than 1/2 iPhones per account? I remember that I wasn't able to order more than 2 AirPods when they were released last year.

Thanks in advance
Either 1 or 2. So if you need 3, make sure you're ready to process 2 transactions.

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
There will definitely be a limit of two per order.

I believe the fine print often says two devices per account, too - but that doesn't seem to be enforced.
Okay, thanks for the info. I need to order one for my father and another 2 for both of my sisters. I think I'll order via 2 different accounts then!

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
Okay, thanks for the info. I need to order one for my father and another 2 for both of my sisters. I think I'll order via 2 different accounts then!
It’s possible if you order more than 2 they see you as a hoarder and might cancel all your orders. So be very careful. Doesn’t matter if you order from 2 different accounts somehow both account might have some links.

borntrouble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Germany
It’s possible if you order more than 2 they see you as a hoarder and might cancel all your orders. So be very careful. Doesn’t matter if you order from 2 different accounts somehow both account might have some links.
Sure they have links as they all run under our family name.
Are you trying to tell me there's a possibility they will prevent me from ordering a few iPhones for my family? I can hardly believe that and I'm fairly certain that this is not in the best interest of Apple either...

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Are you trying to tell me there's a possibility they will prevent me from ordering a few iPhones for my family? I can hardly believe that and I'm fairly certain that this is not in the best interest of Apple either...
You will be fine. The stories circulate every year and I've not seen one verified yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: borntrouble

Zune55

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2015
Honestly it's possible, I think you should call apple tomorrow or ASAP and ask them what to do if you need more than 2 for your family? Trust me Apple doesn't care about money if they feel that the devices are going to End-User instead for re-selling purposes.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
One year I ordered iP6 x 10 and they cut me off after ten. So I created a new Apple ID and used Apple gift cards to pay and did pick up in store.